Fort Worth Runners Club (FWRC) Members:
It’s time for the election of FWRC Officers and Board Members. Every two years we hold elections for the FWRC Board which consists of six executive officers and six general board members. This is a call for nominations from our members. Here are the qualifications:
Executive Officers – Six Officers (President, 1st VP, 2nd VP, 3rd VP, Treasurer, & Secretary) & Six General Board Members:
a. Must have been a member in good standing for at least one year prior to elections day, with current dues paid.
b. Shall be nominated by a member of the FWRC or individuals may nominate themselves.
c. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the day of elections.
Main Responsibilities while serving on the Board
a. Responsible for performing a leadership role in one or more of the following areas:
1. Treasurer’s report at monthly meetings
2. Minutes of the monthly meeting
3. Recruitment of members and ongoing tracking of membership
4. Financial projections planning
5. Oversight of guidance and reporting for all FWRC races
6. Director for at least one of the FWRC races
7. Set up and staff exhibits at major events such as Cowtown and the Calf races
8. Attend monthly FWRC meetings
9. Assist with set up at races, registration, and picking up equipment and other materials after races; assist with pick up and return of equipment to the warehouse
10. Chair one of the Labor Day Race committees
General Board Members
a. Responsible for the following:
1. Attend monthly FWRC meetings
2. Serve as Director for one of the FWRC races
3. Assist with other FWRC races, as needed and available
4. Assist with staffing of exhibits at major events such as Cowtown and Calf races
5. Assist with set up at races, registration, and picking up equipment and other materials after races; assist with pick up and return of equipment to the warehouse
6. Serve as a committee member on one of the Labor Day Race Committees
The Board needs dedicated people to assist the FWRC in providing great runs for our members and the DFW running/walking community. So if you are interested in volunteering to serve the running community, and are willing to make the commitment to attend meetings and conduct a race, please submit your name to be considered as a nominee for the FWRC Board.
Please submit your nomination(s) by November 27, 2017, via email to the FWRC Secretary Lynda Para at: Lyndarun7@yahoo.com and Olivia Balandran, FWRC 1st VP at email@example.com
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please confirm that your nominee has accepted the nomination before you submit it, to ensure that your nominee is aware of and willing to make the above mentioned commitments if elected for a Board position.
The list of the nominees will be posted on the website on November 28 and members may vote through December 12, 2017. Members may also vote in person on December 12, 2017, at the Annual Christmas Party where votes will be counted as well.
For additional information (Duties of Board Members), please contact Sam Balandran at 817-455-0747 or firstname.lastname@example.org